This weeks Thankful Thursday is very special to me, today is my Son’s 5th Birthday, so I’m going to talk about all the things that make me thankful for him.
Happy Birthday Charlie, you’ll never understand how you changed my life.
- I am thankful that you came so easily, I may have had a difficult pregnancy but compared to a great number of women it flew by and my son was born all in one piece and healthy. I conceived easily and survived pregnancy with only a couple of ill effects.
- I am thankful that despite some scary situations I have a healthy 5 year old.
- I am thankful that you’ve been a good sleeper the majority of your life.
- I am thankful that your condition is on the inside, because although I’d love you just as much, the world is cruel.
- I am thankful you are growing up in a world where you can love whoever your love, be them a different colour or the same sex.
- I am thankful that you made me a less selfish and a better person.
- I am thankful for supportive Grandparents who are happy to take you off my hands for a day.
- I am thankful for your natural happiness, your kindness and how excited you get at the smallest things.
- I am thankful that you came when you did, I could have been giving birth at Christmas if you’d come two weeks later rather than two weeks earlier than your due date which would have sucked.
- I am thankful that you love showers when I see other kids at the swimming pool.
- I am thankful that meal times are explorations not battle grounds.
- I am thankful for occasional TV Time.
- I am thankful for your sense of humour, your ability to giggle at the silly and you ability to make me smile daily.
- I am very thankful your egg allergy fixed itself, you really have the most amazing body.
- I am thankful that I can give you the things you want, even if it means my boots have holes in the bottom.
- I am thankful that my ability with numbers doesn’t seem to have passed down to you.
I am thankful that I have you.